Please follow these guidelines today in church:
- If you feel sick with COVID-19 symptoms, please do not enter this building. Call an elder from the listing in this bulletin, and we will pray for you.
- No gathering larger than 50 people.
- A distance of 6’ must be maintained between non-household members.
- Face coverings may be worn, when possible.
- Please wash your hands with the sanitizer near the front door.
- Please be thoughtful of the elders present around you in church today.
Our Mission Statement
Keeping the gospel of Jesus Christ central in our Church, HPC strives to grow and strengthen our congregation of followers, be open to our community and congregation’s needs to create an atmosphere of relational accountability in Christ’s love.
Hoonah Presbyterian Church
11:00 a.m. Worship Service
Follow us on Facebook.
- Moderator: Pastor Ryan Mandeville, Skagway
- Paul Comolli, 907 321-5501
- Brittney Tyler, Clerk of Session 907 957-6579
- Bryce Tyler, 907 401-3029
- Luke Meyers, 907 612-0959
- Kathie Deitering, Treasurer 907 957-2186
11:00 a.m. Worship Service
· VESPERS Evening Prayer is Thursday at 6:00.
· Sunday Service begins at 11:00 am
· Jimmy Dalton’s recovery!
Welcome and Call to Worship:
* Hymn # 9, ‘Let the Whole Creation Cry!’
The Heidelberg Catechism # 31
What is the office of the keys? The preaching of the holy gospel and Christian discipline. By these two means the kingdom of heaven is opened to believers and shut against unbelievers. How is the kingdom of heaven opened and shut by the preaching of the holy gospel? The kingdom of heaven is opened when it is proclaimed and openly demonstrated to believers, one and all, according to the command of Christ. As often as they accept the promise of the gospel with true faith all their sins are truly forgiven by God for the sake of Christ’s gracious work. On the contrary, the wrath of God and eternal condemnation fall upon all unbelievers and hypocrites as long as they do not repent. It is according to this witness of the gospel that God will judge the one and the other in this life and in the life to come. How is the kingdom of heaven shut and opened by Christian discipline? Christ commanded that those who bear the Christian name in an unchristian way either in doctrine or in life should be given brotherly admonition. If they do not give up their errors or evil ways, notification is given to the church or to those ordained for this by the church. Then, if they do not change after this warning, they are forbidden to partake of the holy Sacraments and are thus excluded from the communion of the church and by God himself from the kingdom of Christ. However, if they promise and show real amendment, they are received again as members of Christ and of the church.
Prayer of Confession: # 1 (back cover) Apostle’s Creed (front cover) * Gloria Patri: # 559
Prayer of Illumination
Scripture Reading: Genesis 32:22–31; Psalm 17:1–7, 15;
Romans 9:1–5; Matthew 14:13–21
* Hymn # 419, ‘Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah’
Message: Sermon by, Pastor Kirk Jordan.
*Hymn # ‘Here, O My Lord, I See Thee Face to Face’
*Doxology: # 556 Please pray over this offering.
(The offering basket is on the back table
for those who wish to give before or after
*Hymn # 53, ‘All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name’
Thank you for attending our service today.