Welcome to All
Hoonah Presbyterian Church
Our Mission Statement
Keeping the gospel of Jesus Christ central in our Church, HPC strives to grow and strengthen our congregation of followers, be open to our community and congregation’s needs to create an atmosphere of relational accountability in Christ’s love.
Our church hosts weekly services that include
- 11:00 am Sunday Worship Service
- Communion on the first Sunday of each month
- Celebrate Recovery on Fridays at 5:30pm
- Vespers Prayer Service on Thursdays at 6:00pm.
We are a church of the ECO Presbytery of Alaska. There are 5 elders and a moderator that make decisions as a session.
We have an average worship attendance of 10 – 20 every week, which includes the 5 session elders and their families, community members, and occasional visitors. We have a wide variety in ages that attend, from newborn – 81 years old, with opportunity for more interested young families in the community.
We may be small in numbers, but we have had a faithful church family for many years, and support from other ECO Presbyterian Churches throughout Southeast Alaska.
- Pastor Ryan Mandeville, Skagway
- Paul Comolli, 907 321-5501
- Brittney Tyler, Clerk of Session 907 957-6579
- Bryce Tyler, 907 401-3029
- Luke Meyers, 907 612-0959
- Kathie Deitering, Treasurer 907 957-2186
Please follow these COVID-19 guidelines:
- If you feel sick with COVID-19 symptoms, please do not enter our building. Call an elder and we will pray for you.
- No gathering larger than 50 people.
- A distance of 6’ must be maintained between non-household members.
- Face coverings may be worn, when possible.
- Please wash your hands with the sanitizer near the front door.
- Please be thoughtful of the elders present around you in church today.